New Education Forum ’18 celebrated!
For the ninth time, on 21 November and on 22 November, several dozen representatives of business, academic centres, research firms and the European Parliament met at the European Parliament in Brussels at the New Education Forum. The main aim of this year New Forum Educationwas to start a new project “From Outdoors to Labour Market – FOLM”. FOLM benefits from a 3.400.000 € grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA and Norway Grants Fund for Youth Employment.
FOLM is run by an international consortium composed of Venture Trust and University ofEdinburgh(UK), the Government of Cantabria and Femxa Group(Spain), Limerick Institute ofTechnology and Universal Learning System(Ireland) and Food Banks (Olsztyn, Poland). Center for Innovative Educationis the leader of this fantastic partnership.
This year Forum was opened with a celebration dinner co-hosted by Agnieszka KOZŁOWSKA-RAJEWICZ, Member of the European Parliament and Member of the Committee on Employment and Social Affairs. Member of the European Parliament – Jerzy Buzek, President of the City of Poznań – Jacek Jaśkowiakand Iwona Kasprzykfrom the Office of the Member of the European Parliament – Danuta Jazłowiecka, were honourable guests during the dinner.
The conference held on 22 November at the European Parliament was composed of two separate panels. During the first panel its participants discussed how to reach young generation with educational offer. From the former NEET to a qualified employee. The second panel was focused on flexible learning routes and educational trends which follows expectations of the employment market.
- Brando BENIFEI, Committee on Employment and Social Affairs , Member of the European Parliament
- Dana CARMEN – BACHMANN, Head of VET Department, EU Commission
- Abhay ADHIKARI– Director, Digital Identities, England
- Maxime CERUTTI,Director, Social Affairs Department, BusinessEurope
- Patricia GONZALEZ, Founder and President of Grupo Femxa, Spain
- Marta GRACIA BLANCO, President, EUPLA, Spain
- Amelia MORGAN, Chief Executive Officer, Venture Trust, Scotland
- Maggie MURPHY, Senior Curriculum Manager, Glasgow Kelvin College, Scotland
- Paolo NARDI, International Affairs & Research Coordinator, Cometa, Italy,
- Sigfrido PILONE, Director, Scuola Camerana, Italy
- Andreas RIEPL,Head of the Federal Canter of eEducation, Austrian Ministry of Education
- Reinhold WEISS,Professor, Germany
The Brussels meeting was finalised with a networking session held by the President of Center for Innovative Education– Joanna BOCHNIARZ. The session was focused on project ideas, plans and creation of consortiums.